This brand new school is part of a UK wide group of SEN/SEMH schools and is an innovative provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities.
Opening in late 2022 this school is a bespoke new school for 11-16 year olds with Special Educational Needs, with a proposed capacity of 54 pupils, having taken the best elements of a mainstream school and the best elements of a special school to create an environment where young people can achieve their own goals and thrive – be that with GSCEs or a vocational route.
The Business Manager is part of the Senior Leadership Team with responsibility for the leadership, management supervision and development of the support services teams ensuring an efficient, safe, healthy, clean, attractive and comfortable environment is provided within budget and business aims and objectives.
There is an expectation of the post holder to act with a high degree of autonomy including responsibility and accountability for managing delegated budgets and resources.
The role also involves creating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development plans aimed at bringing about continual improvement in these areas.
* Ensure the smooth, efficient, effective and economical running of each of the support departments, to include Finance, Administration, HR, Facilities and Site Maintenance, Health and Safety, Housekeeping and Catering.
* Ensure all support services meet the needs of the individual children and young adults by enabling the environment to be used as a means of support and social learning.
* Effectively lead financial management including analysing, managing and monitoring budgets, financial performance and activities.
* Effectively lead all aspects of on-site HR, liaising with central HR and supporting managers to undertake day to day HR processes as required.
* Effectively lead all administrative functions required for the service.
* Provide professional leadership and management of the support teams to enhance their effectiveness and performance to achieve excellent standards.
* Promote the highest standards of business ethos and compliance.
* Carry out and/or facilitate audit processes to monitor service delivery standards.
Duties will vary, you must expect to diversify and lend a hand wherever is required.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
* Knowledge and understanding of relevant regulations and standards for education
* Knowledge of current inspection frameworks used by regulatory and statutory bodies.
* Safeguarding and legislative procedures when working with children and young people
* Management and knowledge of EBITDA, financial systems, processes and budget preparation Excellent communication skills with a range of internal and external people, verbally and in writing
* Ability to form & promote positive relationships with and between young people, employees, parents and representatives of outside agencies
* Ability to define high, appropriate and attainable standards, and achieve them
* Effective team leadership and management
* Ability to assess situations accurately, resolve problems effectively and take decisions
* A Management or Professional qualification in related area to role e.g. Management Diploma or Finance qualification is desirable.
What’s on offer?
* Full training and continued support
* Life assurance and pension
* Health cash back plan
* Car lease scheme
* Bike to work scheme
* Perk box
* Free parking
Integritas Education Recruitment Ltd is acting as an employment business for this position.
If you are successful, Integritas is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service.
The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback.
If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion
What to expect in the selection process
Thoughtful but efficient
We have a timeline but will be patient for the right person